In accordance with the City Charter, the City Secretary is responsible:
- Custodian of all municipal records
- Keep accurate records of all official meetings
- Maintain City Seal and affix to all instruments requiring the seal
- Serve as election official for all City elections
- To attend all meetings of the City Council
The City Secretary is also required to post all City Council meeting agendas as required by the Texas Open Meetings Act and process all requests for public information as required by the Texas Public Information Act.